Driving can be very stressful and that stress can put a strain on your neck. The way you sit while driving can also cause neck pain because your neck is in one position for a long time. Here’s what you can do to avoid neck pain while driving:
- Have a good driving posture- Have your seat close to 100 degrees so that your back and neck are straight.
- Support your head- Adjust the headrest so that your head is in the middle of the headrest.
- Support your lower back- If your seat doesn’t offer lumbar support, you can put a small pillow behind you to keep your back supported.
- Adjust your mirrors- Adjusting your mirrors to the widest amount of vision allows you to see more without having to move your neck as much.
- Take a break- If you’re driving for a long time, it is good to take a break every once in a while and get out to stretch your neck and back.